I am currently feeling things…
You, sir, are onto something.
I am a disgrace to chubby nerdy chicks everywhere. THE SHAME!!
I <3 you back, my dear friend.
I remember bugging my mom to buy these. On and on and on I went. It wasnt until they had been taken off the shelves that I finally got a box. I remember finding them in this place with a bunch of discounted food (we used to call it the Bent Can Store. Almost all of the cans were dented and cheap.) I was so excited. My mom still said no, but my great aunt hid them in the cart from her and bought it for me.
It tasted like ass. Complete let down.
1. Get naked and take a good long look at your body. Trace your stretch marks, feel your hip bones poking out, place your hand over your tummy and take a fistful of yourself in. Appreciate your scars and pimples, your uneven,large,or nonexistent breasts. Take pride in your un/shaven, un/cut, fantastically odd private bits. Hold up a mirror to yourself and study your body. Love it.
2. Be Ugly, reclaim words that are used to put you down and shut you up and scream right back at these fascist beauty standard reinforcing scumbags. Give them the finger and tell them to kiss your fat/skinny/somewhere in between ass ‘cause you ain’t got time to waste with their body hating bullshit. and remember, you don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Validate yourself by accepting yourself.
3. Wear clothes that don’t fit, that are too big or too small and show all your “problem areas” that cosmo insists you hide and walk down the street like the fucking fabulous queen you are. Sashay the hate away.
4. Do what YOU want with YOUR body. Shave or don’t, wear makeup or don’t, whatever choice you make is yours to make, and anyone who shames you for your decision can keep it moving. This also means respecting the choices of others, even if they differ from your own.
5. Surround yourself with loving and supportive people. Rid of the toxic bullshit in your life if possible, and immerse yourself in a community that embraces body positivity and diversity.”